Wednesday 6 January 2010

Christmas reflections

Christmas was hard but good. I cooked (with help) for 50 - hard, I didn't poison anyone - good.

It has been very very cold but strangely the shelter has been fine with people signing up and giving their time sacrificially.

And this weekend we have a wedding. Quite literally a white wedding with lots of celebration and excitement.

I'm not sure I've learnt anything new or had any revelations but I have enjoyed the season a lot. I loved the carol concert and the mulled wine. I stood in awe as I watched people take shifts on Christmas day at church, I smiled as people have looked after each other, I enjoyed giving and receiving gifts a lot.

I know there's supposed to be a lot wrong with Christmas but I think it's brilliant. We might not always keep it well but it seems to me we go quite a long way in our trying.

Top present - buddy Jesus pencil toppers. How cool!! Thanks Lou

1 comment:

  1. ...and I still say not many ministers would give up Christmas day to make dinner for 50 (I think you are over-egging it though. I was told 46!)and wash up, tidy up.....It really was hard work....and then put your life on hold to step into gaps on the night shelter rota whenever needed, irrespective of what you might have planned to do. I am however very glad you didn't have to scrap all your Christmas plans cos I am more selfish than you and I'd have been grumpy.

    You are great.

    Val

    (You do need to show me how to post a comment without changing my name to 'anonymous' cos it's clearly a bit odd.)

    ReplyDelete